COAL FIRED PLANT APPROVED! But the fight is not over till it's over. Sign this petition to ask higher powers to rescind the permits.
To accommodate tourists who come here for the pristine beauty and wildlife, Palawan is literally being raped. Forests are being cut for building materials, as well as rivers, rife with life. A coal fired plant is being shoved down our throats with lies upon lies. Be a responsible tourist. I have listed the agencies you may contact so you can write to them with positive suggestions. Tourists if you come here, make sure to make your voices heard so you will not be the cause of it's destruction. Tell hotels to put in solar, and water harvesting solutions. We are already rationing water!
Otters and other environmental species live in this bay called Turtle bay, and renamed Kamia Bay by a developer...the name is an anacronym of the names of three of their daughters. They want to put in Manta rays and captive imported dolphins!! The water is brackish from the fresh water estuaries flowing into the bay. Only recently a day old otter was a victim of human encroachment into Turtle Bay, aka Kamia Bay! Dogs from immigrant fishermen making homes near or on the mangroves in this bay, killed the siblings of the otter pup pictured below. This little guy was given to me to try to keep alive. He was maybe a day or two old. He was a real fighter but his little body just could not survive without his own mother's special milk, which is contains 6 times more fat than cows milk. He died after 5 days.
|A baby otter killed by domestic dogs from human encroachment into their territory.|
|Seven seas corporation proposes to put captive whale sharks and dolphins view from guest rooms in Turtle bay/Kamia bay. This will totally destroy the marine sanctuary and the whale sharks will die. This is a very shallow and brackish bay! The whale sharks and captive imported dolphins will all die.|
|This was our favorite river to go to, it's just 8 minutes from our home. It is now raped for gravel, rock and sand to build tourist hotels.|
The icing on the cake of horror, is a planned Coal fired plant in a barangay in Narra. You can sign this petition to try and help stop this. http://act.350.org/letter/save_palawan_stop_coal/
What YOU can do to stop this!Write to our local agencies and tell them you do not want a commercialized Palawan that will compromise it's natural beauty and wildlife. Make POSITIVE suggestions for change and what you would like to see happen instead!
- Department of Environmental and Natural Resources- Palawan -https://www.facebook.com/denrpenro.palawan?fref=ts Ask them for the proper environmental studies to be done by an outside and QUALIFIED agency for the coal plant, the rivers and the developement by 7 Seas for their captive dolphin and manta ray shows!
- Palawan Council for Sustainable Resources - pcsd.gov.ph/contact-us/ Ask them for the proper environmental studies to be done by an outside and QUALIFIED agency.
- Sign this petition against a coal fired plant http://act.350.org/letter/save_palawan_stop_coal/
- READ more about the Coal fired Plant here. http://350.org/palawan-is-in-trouble/
- READ THIS POST ABOUT THE misinformation being dispensed about WHY we need a coal fired plant!
Another very informative blog about the Coal fired plant. http://coalisbusted.blogspot.com/2013/11/the-paleco-dmci-palawan-government.html
- Write to the 7 Seas corporation and tell them you do NOT WANT TO SEE CAPTIVE Dolphins and Manta rays in a marine sanctuary and protected area!
Ask them to show their proper environmental studies and Permits from PCSD.
|23% of all species in the Philippines live in Palawan.|